Currently this game a prototype, so please expect lack of fun and crashes. Download link it below.
4 May 2021 — Tying Up Loose Ends
- Added the third and final map.
- Added music.
- Enemies now have a health bar over their heads.
- Added option to turn on fullscreen mode. You can find this in the main menu.
- Added how to play page that explains controls but does not really have any information about how to play the game. You know how to play tower defense games.
23 February 2020 — UI Improvements & Additional Map
- Redesigned main menu.
- Implemented pausing. Press
SPACEBARto pause and unpause.
- Goblins bleed when hit.
- Added second map. When the first map's waves are defeated game progresses to second map. Player also wins gold.
1 December 2020 — Gameplay Improvements
- Targeting system for towers is improved. Now they hit their target unless it changes course (turns).
- Dragging while middle mouse button is pressed pans the view.
- Goblins take 4 hits before they die now.
- Added new sounds.
20 October 2020 — Graphics & Sound Update
- Enemy model now has a walk animation.
- Added 3D models for entry and exit portals, basic tower & the bullets.
- Added sounds one for earning gold and one for when a bullet is fired. I have used sounds from 512 Sound Effects (8-bitstyle) pack.
22 September 2020 — Game Mechanics
- Added gold & health resources. Each tower costs gold, each enemy killed earns gold. Each enemy reaching the exit portal decreases health by one.
- Enemies come in waves now.
- New goblin model, but it just hover over the map in T-pose for now.
- You can now place towers if you have enough gold and also if the new tower won't block the path to exit portal.
- Implemented basic camera movement. Use mouse wheel or
Rkeys to zoom,
Dor arrow keys to pan.
8 September 2020 — First release, more of a tech demo than a game
- Created a couple of models. They look okay but probable I will have to rework them later.
- Basic enemy pathfinding. Navigation data needs to get updated as new towers are placed, so I was not able to use navmesh feature of Godot. When Godot 4 is released I think it will have navmeshes that can be generated in runtime.
- You can place towers, but be careful it can crash the game when the new tower prohibits navigation. Later placing towers to these incorrect locations will not be allowed.
You can download the game for free on Itch.