Hard-surface modelling exercise. Different parts of the robot are modelled using different techniques:
- Subdivision modelling
- Uppermost limb
- Circular piece that connects arms to the body.
- Booleans & bevel modifier
- Shields in middle and lower limbs.
- Cover with the diagonal holes in middle limb.
- Retopology over boolean models.
I used a single material with layers (masked using vertex colors) for body & head. There is also a layer of decals applied on the body, but they are mostly not visible in the render. I wanted to apply wear and tear as well but could not due to time constraints.
Materials on limbs are all basic materials applied per face.